As you are well aware, Halloween is just around the corner. And by corner, I mean tomorrow. I love Halloween for all of the fun tradions our family has had over the years, including an annual gathering of some of our nearest and dearest friends which was held on Saturday.
Yep, we dressed up. Some of us were more in character than others… yes, Ty Lockard, we’re looking at you.
I digress. Because I never like to arrive empty handed and it was requested by our amazing hostess with the mostess that we bring an appetizer, I put my festive thinking cap on (resembing more of a witches hat than a cowgirl hat) and whipped up this festive Trick or Treat (based on the heat) Spicky Cheese Ball. Here’s the recipe that many your IG friends requested.
Here’s what you need (all from Trader Joes (except the jalapeño spice)
- 1 Sweet Yellow Onion Minced (or chopped very fine)
- 1 Container of Pub Cheese
- 2 Bricks of Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Optional 2 to 3 Tablespoons of Spice Packet, I used a jalapeño dip spice mix I bought at the Farmers’ Market this summer. The spread is really good without it too.
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds. Note: if you send your husband to the store for this item, you may want to be more specific that I was with Ty, I requested “a large packet of sliced almonds”. I was thinking more than a small packet found in the baking aisle. He was thinking just a bit less than a barrel from the bulk food section. If you’re currently in need of sliced almonds, come on over. We have some (cough *a lot to spare).
- combine all of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- put in an air-tight container and refrigerate for 5 – 6 hours.
- roll into a ball and cover with sliced almonds, top celery and cilantro
- serve with cut veggies and crackers