This week we are turning the tables for Q and A Wednesday–we are asking the questions and would love for you to provide the answers! Manners and etiquette are the common threads that keep our interactions with one another civil and gracious. Historically, much of this information has been recorded in large bound books detailing rules and solutions for every possible social encounter one might have. However, the internet-social media in particular- provides a myriad of situations that have yet to be added to those pages. We’ve all encountered a time or two where we pause and wonder, is it a do…or taboo?!
As a contemporary etiquette consultant it’s important for me to keep a pulse on what’s going on out there. To ensure my measurment is accurate, I need to hear from you! The topic at hand is related to one of the most popular social media sites, facebook!
Here’s how you can help:
- Copy the three questions
- Paste them in the comment box
- Answer each one in as few or many words as you’d like
You will not be judged or graded, I promise. I will take your thoughts, combine them (keeping the contributors anonymous) and post the results next week!
Here are the facebook questions…
1. Accept or Ignore? When you receive a friend request do you feel comfortable ignoring them or accept them so as not to hurt their feelings?
2. What makes you giggle and what makes you wiggle–regarding status updates, wall posts, and comments?
3. May I? Do you ask permission when posting a photo of someone else? Why or Why not?
To my facebook friends, please know this post is for research and development purposes only, it is not a response to anything I have seen. I value your friendship and enjoy staying in-touch.
Thank you in advance for your help!